Costar LightCrete is a concentrated liquid admixture for concrete to produce foamed concrete that is lightweight and is able to ﬂow for long distances under its own hydraulic head.
- Stable air content also after placing of the concrete.
- Easily controlled addition of pre-foam to pre-batched mortar allows close control of ﬁnished density
- Easy conveyance of lightweight concrete with concrete pump
- Volume retaining and non-shrink foamed concrete even after hardening. Expensive blending equipment is not required as mixing can be carried out in the drum of a ready mix truck
- Compatible with lightweight aggregates like expanded clay
- Produces a highly mobile foamed concrete which is easily placed without compaction
Costar LightCrete is typically used for the production of foamed low density concretes which can be used for void ﬁlling for elimination of ﬁre risk, trench ﬁlling for permanent, non-sink reinstatement or as a semi-structural support in cases such as embankments, bridge abutments, tunnels and arches.