Costar UW Mortar is a ready to use, quick setting cement-based underwater mortar. The powder, when mixed with water, produces a mortar which is wash-out resistant and waterproof. It was explicitly designed for underwater repair works.
- Easy to use
- Rapid setting
- Can be used above and below the waterline.
- Excellent bond strength to clean concrete, brick, masonry, steel and concrete.
- High resistance to wave action during placing
- Excellent resistance to sulphurous ground waters making it suitable for constant immersion
- It provides a watertight seal when used to repair leaks or seal joints
- Will not disperse wash-out or break up underwater.
- Safe to use, non-toxic, and non-hazardous in underwater environments.
- Repairing eroded concrete or timber piles, sea walls, wharves
- Repairing leaks or joints in marine structures, concrete reservoirs, swimming pools, pipelines, well etc.
- Offshore locations and applications
- To repair and waterproof precast concrete, tunnels, culverts, sewers and pipes.
- The protection of marine structures below the waterline. The consolidation of sea defenses, harbors, jetties, docks and locks.
- To stop and seal the flow of water or grout in brickwork or concrete.